Buy a copy of my stories

You can buy a copy of my latest book, "Okoboji Remembered and Other Stories" by contacting me at: alafoy78@gmail.com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photo Contest

Castle in Ireland

Window Box in Ireland
Entrance to Horse farm in Ireland
Bathtub outside of Antique Shop-Cottonwood, AZ
Canal in Ireland-Honorable Mention Ribbon

Depot at Perkinsville-Verde Canyon RR

Hello,This week our Art Group held and art show. Many enter photos and paintings. Part of the show is photography and the photos are judged. Every year think I should enter some of  our photos so this year took the plunge. Going to an Estate Sale purchased six or more frames. We have hundreds of photos so picked out six and ran them through Print Shop and placed them in the frames. Many of the participants buy beautiful frames and get the frame shops to matte their photos. I put borders on mine using Print Shop 23.  Not knowing what to expect I entered six and hung them for the judges. One of my photos did win an "Honorable Mention" which pleased us. Looking at the photos that received blue ribbons it appeared the judges like animals and birds but we were happy. Have a little better idea of what to place in next year. This is just one of the "perks" living in Leisure World.

No comments:

Post a Comment